Sunday, September 4, 2011

On Introductions

I have 8 minutes before I have to be downstairs, so I'll try to make this ceremonial first post as concise  as possible. Now the reader (that's you) will know exactly what 8 minutes of work means for me.

Israel so far is beyond anything I could have imagined. I can see why people come here and stay here. My favorite feature of the city is the architecture. Everything is made out of Jerusalem Stone, so all the buildings have the same external facade. It represents a unity of culture, something unheard of in America. Man, this place actually has culture!

The people here are something else. Obviously there are a few bad crops with every harvest, but on the whole, people seem to get along much better. I've danced circles around rabbis while embracing total strangers (uniformed men, with guns too), and we'll smile at each other and laugh like we've known each other all our lives. Last night, we went to Ben Yehuda Street (Shakedown Street, Madison Ave, Lake Shore Drive, etc.) and even there, people were incredibly friendly.

My 8 minutes are up, but I'll be back here later hopefully to flesh out some details, and maybe share a story or two.

We've Got Maelstorm - Blockhead

No comments:

Post a Comment