Monday, May 28, 2012

On The End

It's time. I leave in about 30 hours, my apartment is cleaned, gutted, painted, and spotless. My life is now in two large bags, one carry-on, and one backpack, and I'm ready in every sense of the word to come home.

Here's some pictures from my last adventure this past weekend with Ari, Jake, Hannah, and Raquel to Yehudia Nature Reserve, which was an incredible, incredible place. I spent two days jumping off cliffs into water, stargazing, hanging out by a bonfire, playing Mao into the wee hours of the night in a hazy tent, and not having a worry in the world. 

Having fun with lighting
Jake's choice word
Golan
And again
Where that guy was sitting is where Raquel and I leaped from (about 50ft)
These climbers set up a slackline over the pool at Zavitan Falls
Bliss
So that's pretty much it. I'd like to thank my parents for helping me come to Israel and being incredibly supportive, and my grandmother and uncle and aunt for helping to finance this most wonderful experience. I'd like to shoutout to the staff on Aardvark for catering to many of my peculiarities, and of course to all my wonderful, wonderful friends I've made while being here. I think I've grown in more ways than I could have ever predicted.

If any potential gap year kids are reading this, first off, do Aardvark. It's so, so much better than the alternative(s). Secondly, travel every minute you have off. Finally, stay off the radar of the staff (go to your volunteering and don't be "that kid"), and you can get away with anything. If you have any questions, send me an email at nszemel@gmail.com

Thank you all for reading, it's been a pleasure. 

Farewell Spaceman - Blockhead

1 comment:

  1. I'm really proud of you, Noah. You've created a wonderful experience this year. You've shown leadership, responsibility, and caring and concern for your friends. You write beautifully and I'm really glad you've kept this blog up all year. It's a wonderful record of an amazing experience.

    ReplyDelete